no, it wasn't fun

No, it wasn’t fun at all. But I think it’s worth writing about the experience here.

27th of May, I got myself prepared for my very first traffic court case.

Finally I arrived at the court. It was horribly beautiful and huge.
My stomach was queasy and I went straight to the gents.



When I felt a bit relieved, I went to the counter, showing a piece of paper to the guard, and they gave me directions to the place that I should go to.

I saw the signboard as I walked.

Mahkamah Majistret Jenayah 14.

The word “crime” itself made me felt even down.

I passed my ID to the policeman at the entrance. And I went in.

It was really a court. Weird, surreal.
“Criminals” sat on one row behind the room, waiting for their names to be called.

Our cases were being said in front of the judge, and as we stand there alone, we pleaded guilty and asked for our sentence to be lightened.

It was not a happy place. The negativity there really pulled me in.

2 comments:

Pluboy2 said...

did u challenge ur saman?

::airswift:: said...

nope. i forgot to renew my road tax.
can't challenge anything.