yoga

A while ago, when the clerics decided to rule out that yoga is, to an extent, not permissible. It caused a stir and recieved various response among the public.

Some agreed, some don’t.

Some says it’s good to curb those who are not really knowledgeable from getting themselves astrayed away from their faith.

Some says it’s nonsensical.

Practitioners were either insulted, or decided to follow the rules and stopped performing it in future.

My impression towards yoga-
I’ve always perceive it as a good method to maintain good health; physical and spiritual. I even considered to learn it if I’ve got the chance.

When this issue arises, I thought of browsing the internet to surf more about yoga.
Is this really a practice that would change the faith of Moslems?

I discovered that yoga is closely related to the founder religion, but it’s focused on spirituality and demands one’s attention to his Creator.

Really, it was a fine line there.

But to me it’s not really all that wrong to practice yoga, if you are equipped with sufficient knowledge. Even one friend of mine, a pious Moslem, is a yoga instructor.

Personally, knowing that I devote my life to my trumpet performances, physical work-out and also my main career, I think yoga is not an option opened for me.

This whole issue of yoga, has instead opened myself to appreciate what has been given to me to maintain my spiritual health- the performing of shalat, five times per day.

Besides as an obligation to communicate with God, now I perceive the shalat as a gift-
in just that five minutes for each session,
the performer will put aside his worries, his thoughts, and anything stressful-
just to be in this quiet, serene and special moment with God.

When you see it like a burden, it will feel difficult to perform.
When you see it as an opportunity of meditation, it'll give a new impact for you.
Try it on.

No comments: