a legend. the greatest.

It was shocking news that I heard from the radio this morning.
The king of pop passed away.

The DJs of the radio were talking about his achievements since he was even a young child. It was like a small tribute to this legend, and they mentioned the greatness of this man.

I remembered when I stayed with my family in Ampang, me and my siblings, we were small children back then. Father used to play his black vinyl record player, normally I could hear Johann Strauss and Tchaikovsky at night. But my favorite, on weekends, would be one of Michael Jackson’s hits- Bad. I can always recognize the song by the distinctive bass at the entrance of the song.

There were quite a number of songs that I grew up with, including Heal the World and that forever upbeat Black and White. I always get myself stuck in front of the TV everytime the video clip was being played.

And one of the songs that had always been in my playlist, either in my cassette walkman, or my CD player, or even my MP3 player- would be “You Are Not Alone”. Everyone likes that song. Just now, as I listened to the radio, they played a short part of the song, and I am sure hundreds of listeners shed a tear or two. It was really sad.

Here, is a song that I could say my favorite.

Have you seen my childhood?
I'm searching for the world that I come from
'Cause I've been looking around
In the lost and found of my heart
No one understands me
They view it as such strange eccentricities
'Cause I keep kidding around
Like a child, but pardon me

People say I'm not okay
'Cause I love such elementary things
It's been my fate to compensate,
for the childhood I've never known

Have you seen my childhood?
I'm searching for that wonder in my youth
Like pirates and adventurous dreams,
Of conquest and kings on the throne

Before you judge me, try hard to love me,
Look within your heart then ask,
Have you seen my Childhood?
I'm searching for that wonder in my youth
Like fantastical stories to share
The dreams I would dare, watch me fly

Before you judge me, try hard to love me
The painful youth I've had
Have you seen my childhood



And here is an old video clip, a nice one too..



We will miss him.

No comments: