this year they sound sentimental and melodious again

It has been a few years that I honestly felt irritated hearing those raya songs playing on air during the last two weeks of the fasting month.

I secretly looked at it as something so overrated.

Raya songs never did give me the warm fuzzy feeling at all.

Being a person who has his family so close, living only a city apart, I do not experience the homesick and the longing to come back to my hometown from a place far away.

However this year, raya songs seem like beautiful evergreen songs to me. I even listened carefully to the arrangement, how the instrumentation being written nicely, hence the ability of those songs to stick with us for a long time to come.

This year, as it approaches to the end, was a very good education period for me, for the lesson called “life”.

I started off with a huge challenge that only a few experienced it before, and was all out to try and fix everything. Until eventually, only I realized that some things do not need for me to jump in and try to repair. What’s needed is a sincere heart and a willingness to give it up (that wasn’t easy- I’ve learned that giving up needs to be done again and again in our lives), and let God do the miracle.

Things are getting better now.

This excitement to meet my cool cousins,
and to look forward for unknown new things laid there for myself,
and also a new leaf between me and my old friends-
All of these are reflected- in those raya songs.

Selamat menyambut hari lebaran.
Selamat menyambut hari kejayaan.

And for my old mates whom I know for almost 15 years-
who believed in me and gave me a second chance-
you guys know who you are, I thank you.
The coffee session was great.

No comments: