spinning


It was drizzling this morning.

I was on the way to work.

As I entered the entrance of the university at the Linguistic faculty, I was listening to one song from the musical Wicked; Defying Gravity. There is some kind of inspiration in the lyrics.

I'm through accepting limits
'Cause someone says they're so
Some things I cannot change
But till I try, I'll never know
Too long I've been afraid of
Losing love I guess I've lost
Well, if that's love
It comes at much too high a cost
I'd sooner buy
Defying gravity
Kiss me goodbye
I'm defying gravity
And you can't pull me down

When my heart was blooming with high spirits, and as I take a right turned, following the curvy upward road-

At just the right speed, the right degree of slant, the right moment-

My bike slowly skidded, the whole world was moving awkwardly, and I was slowly thrown on the ground.

Too bad I was not on the grass.

I laid down there, facing the sky, facing the trees. My bike lay down there on the opposite side of the road, its engine muttered softly, and died.

I just lay there for a minute. Darn.

Two guys went out of their car and helped me. I was alright.

List of damages:

Bloody left palm.

Superficial cuts on my left elbow and knee and there is like a hickey on my left chest.

A small tear on my pants. My clothes are wet now.

And lo and behold; my Seiko is having its ugly scratch again, and the WHOLE back of my NEW mp3 player is scratched. I should have bought the cute small sachet earlier to protect it.

I was more towards thinking analytically than being upset. That made me uncomfortable.

I was thinking: What is the lesson learnt behind this?

-No matter that you think you are careful, sometimes you are not careful enough. Ride extremely slow at curvy turns especially when the road is wet and slippery.

-It is IMPORTANT to buy a case of protection for your gadgets.

-I was given the perfect dose of taste on how did my friend felt whenever he accidentally thrown his expensive phone on the rough road.

-The experience was half bad, and half funny. Weird.

No comments: